1938 – A group of farmers met in Glasgow, KY to discuss the possibility of electrifying their homes and farms. The Cooperative was incorporated on March 14, 1938.
1939 – January, the first switch was closed at the Goodnight substation north of Glasgow and provided electricity for the first 107 members along a 51.1 mile stretch of line.
1941 – Farmers RECC joined the Ohio Valley Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation to obtain a better source of power for the Cooperative. This effort was later replaced by the creation of East Kentucky Power Cooperative.
1947 – November, Munfordville substation in Hart County was energized.
1948 – Cooperative began using two-way radios to communicate with employees in the field.
1949 – Farmers RECC had installed 1,119 miles of new line since 1940.
1950 – First Miss Farmers RECC was crowned.
1951 – Willie Wiredhand, the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association’s mascot, was adopted.
1951 – Temple Hill substation, in Barren County, was energized.
1954 – Farmers RECC became a member-owner of East Kentucky Power Cooperative, and began receiving power from the generation and transmission cooperative.
1954 – June, Farmers RECC moves from their original headquarters at 134 North Public Square in Glasgow, to their new office at 504 South Broadway in Glasgow. The Cooperative is still headquartered there today.
1961 – Farmers RECC began serving the Barren River Reservoir State Park.
1964 –Farmers RECC began to offer budget billing to their members.
1972 – Farmers RECC began sponsoring the Washington Youth Tour program, which continues today.
1977 – Farmers RECC became one of the first seven cooperatives in the nation to provide loans to their members to complete home weatherization improvements.
1980 – Farmers RECC provided electricity to 14,106 services.
1982 – Farmers RECC purchased their first in-house computer system, an IBM/System 34 computer.
1987 – Farmers RECC returned $752,000 to the membership in the form of capital credits for the first time.
1988 – Farmers RECC celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the Cooperative.
1990 – With the Button-Up Program, Farmers RECC offered members a $500 rebate for home weatherization improvements.
1994 – An upgraded computer system was installed at the Cooperative.
1997 – Farmers Propane Plus, a subsidiary of Farmers RECC, began offering propane services to the public.
1998 – The national Touchstone Energy brand was formed and the Cooperative adopted the national brand.2005 – The Co-op Connections Card program began to provide the membership with discounts to local businesses.
2006 – Farmers RECC began installing smart meters throughout the service territory, serving as a building block for Automated Metering Infrastructure (AMI).
2008 – Farmers RECC launched the first website.
2008 – The Cooperative transitioned to automated meter reading and cycle billing of its 24,000 accounts. Members no longer had to read their own meters each month.
2008 – The Cooperative achieved national safety accreditation from the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association and received its first Kentucky Governor’s Award for Safety and Health.
2009 – The new GIS mapping system was initiated, replacing the traditional paper maps.
2009 – Farmers RECC began the ‘Lighting Up Christmas’ Program, to provide Christmas toys and needed items to underprivileged children in the service territory.
2010 – The new Outage Management System was initiated, improving outage response and allowing members to access information about service outages via the Outage Viewer.
2010 – A Service Center was constructed in Metcalfe County, giving on-call crews ready access to materials needed for maintenance and construction.
2011 - The Cooperative received its second Kentucky Governor’s Award for Safety and Health.
2011 – The new Supervisory and Data Acquisition System (SCADA) system was installed, providing improved oversight and control of the distribution system.
2011 – The Cooperative joined the Cooperative Response Center to provide expanded telephone answering service for the membership, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year.2012 – The Cooperative received its third Governor’s Safety and Health Award for working with no lost time accidents.
2012 – The new Meter Data Management System was initiated, which allowed members to see their hourly and daily energy usage data from their smart meters.
2013 – On July 24, the Bon Ayr substation, in Barren County, was energized.
2013 – Prepay service was launched as a payment option for residential members.
2013 – Smart Phone application was initiated which allowed members to conduct business through their cellular phones.
2013 – The Cooperative celebrated its 75th anniversary.
2014 – A Service Center was constructed in Hart County, giving on-call crews ready access to materials needed for maintenance and construction. Farmers Propane Plus established a propane plant adjacent to the site.
2014 – A Kentucky Historical Marker was placed at the Goodnight substation, commemorating the Cooperative’s first substation and lines.
2014 – The Cooperative applies for and receives a zero interest, USDA Rural Economic Development Loan of $1 million, for the benefit of the City of Glasgow, for its use in the construction of the methane collection system at the landfill.
2014 – The Jonesville substation was energized, providing service to northeastern Hart County.
2014 – The Cooperative received its fourth Kentucky Governor’s Safety and Health Award.
2015 – The Glasgow Landfill Generator came on-line and began producing electricity by using the methane produced by the City’s landfill. Enough power was generated by this generator to power 500 member homes.
2017 - The Roseville substation was energized, providing service to southwestern Barren County.