Farmers RECC Scholarship
Farmers RECC has established an annual scholarship program to assist in financing higher education for students whose families, or themselves, are cooperative members. The cooperative will give eight $1,000 scholarships annually as follows.
Three (3) Scholarships – Director District I (Barren & Edmonson Counties)
Two (2) Scholarships – Director District II (Hart, Grayson & Larue Counties)
Two (2) Scholarships – Director District III (Metcalfe, Green & Adair Counties)
One At-Large Scholarship
Scholarships can be used for tuition, fees, campus housing, textbooks, and other supplies directly related to the recipient’s education.
Scholarships are paid to the accredited college, university, technical college or trade school of the students’ choice.
Farmers RECC Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
Farmers RECC scholarships will be awarded virtually in a random drawing after the business meeting portion of the Farmers RECC Annual Meeting on July 8, 2021.
Eligibility requirements and registration is available below.
- Student or students’ parent or guardian must be a member of Farmers RECC at their principal place of residence.
- Student must be entering into their freshman year or higher of post-secondary education, or pursuing a Master’s degree. Non-Traditional students are welcome as well.
- Farmers RECC Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
- The student must be accompanied by their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) at the Annual Meeting. The parent or guardian must register for the online membership meeting, linked here, and the student must register online for the Farmers RECC Scholarship, linked below. Non-traditional students, age 21 or older, and who are themselves members of the cooperative must register for the virtual business meeting and the scholarship drawing.
- Student must be able to show proof of full-time enrollment and Student ID number at an accredited college, university, technical college or trade school. (i.e. Schedule, account balance at the university, etc.)
- Students and their parents must be present during the drawings.
- Farmers RECC Scholarships are one-time only awards. Previous winners may not apply.
- Scholarship recipients must permit Farmers RECC to use their names, parents’ names, county of residence and photograph in the cooperative’s publications, including the local insert of the Kentucky Living magazine.
- The funds will be disbursed directly to the institution the student will be attending.
- The parent or guardian of the student, or the student themselves, must register for the membership meeting. At this point their address and membership will be validated. Approximately one week prior to the Annual Meeting, the member will receive an email with information on how to join the Farmers RECC virtual Annual Meeting.
- The student must also pre-register for the scholarship drawing. If students have parents who live in two districts and they divide their time equally between parents, they may only enter in one district. If they live primarily with one parent/guardian, the student must submit their form in the district where they spend the majority of their time.
- After the virtual business meeting, scholarships will be drawn. Eight students’ names will be drawn. If it is found that any scholarship recipient was ineligible for any reason, alternate scholarship recipients will be drawn at a later date. Farmers RECC staff will contact the scholarship recipients via the contact information listed on their pre-registration form to gather required information for scholarship disbursement.
If you have any questions about the Farmers RECC Scholarship, please contact Caralyne Pennington at 270-651-2191 ext. 8305 or email@example.com.
Scholarship Pre-Registration for the 2021 Farmers RECC Annual Meeting has closed. Recipients will be drawn on the evening of Thursday, July 8, 2021.
The following students were awarded Farmers RECC Scholarships in the fall of 2020.
|Aubree Turner||Braxton Davis||Grayson Martin||Hannah Huffaker|
|Sarah Hensley||Shawna Edwards||Tammy Hensley||Tristen Miles|